Sultanabad Wool&Silk 8x10 | 5286SR
Sultanabad carpets from the 19th and early 20th centuries are some of the most highly sought-after Persian town rugs. They have a strong appeal to both collectors and interior designers for their sophisticated yet casual designs, and for their often whimsical and contemporary design sensibility. These carpets are prized for their unique history and beautiful craftsmanship. Made from the finest materials of wool and silk, Sultanabads are a gem for any room.
Wool and Silk
To care for your products, it’s best to have them cleaned by professionals once per year. Contact your Stark sales representative to learn how you can best care for your individual piece.
- Prevent as much soil as possible from tracking into the building by use of appropriate entrance mats. Regularly clean entrance mats, otherwise a soil reservoir is created which can be counter-productive.
- Tackle spills as fast as possible to avoid stains becoming fixed
- Work from the edge of the spill inwards to prevent its spread
- Remove solid built up materials with a rounded tablespoon, spatula, or edge of a plastic scraper
- Always blot the carpet with absorbent tissue or a clean cloth — never rub the pile
- If wool or wool blend, rinse the treated area with clean water, and blot until dry
- Avoid use of the treated area until thoroughly dry to prevent rapid re-soiling
- High Traffic – Vacuum daily (extremely high traffic lanes may require vacuuming several times daily)
- Medium Traffic – Vacuum 2 to 3 times a week
- Light Traffic – Vacuum weekly
A periodic thorough cleaning should be done by a professional cleaning company to maintain your carpet or rug. Look for a certified ‘Woolsafe Approved’ contractor. There are two methods that we recommend:
- Spray Extraction – ‘Hot Water Extraction’ or ‘Steam Cleaning’
- Dry Extraction – no-moisture or ‘very low moisture’ cleaning
- Scheduled maintenance is a key component in your carpet maintenance program. Contact a Professional Carpet Cleaning Company and inquire regarding Encapsulation Process Cleaning and Deep Cleaning.
Carpet and Rug Characteristic Conditions
All of the characteristics noted below are considered normal as defined by the Carpet institute of America.
- Shedding – the shedding of fibers is normal and should subside with regular vacuuming.
- Sprouting – if a single tuft extends beyond the carpets surface, simply cut it off. Do NOT pull it out.
- Pile reverse or shading – this color change may occur in various parts of the carpet, caused by light being reflected in different ways as pile fibers are bent in different directions. This is characteristic of plush carpet and not a defect.
- Wrinkling – If ripples occur, call us. It may be necessary to professionally restretch your carpet or install a new pad.
Suggested delivery method(s) will be applied to the items in your cart.
UPS delivery to your door with signature reqiured
Our team will deliver the item to the room of your address, up to two flights of stairs if necessary. A signature will be required upon delivery.
Our team will deliver the item to your room of choice, perform spread and dispose of the packaging materials. A signature will be required upon delivery.